Skip to main content

Women don’t need marriage to be fulfilled —Yeni Kuti

 Women can be happy without getting married, said Yeni Kuti

Yeni Kuti

Contrary to popular belief, a woman does not necessarily need to be married in order to feel whole or fulfilled, according to Yeni, a former dancer and the daughter of afrobeat musician Fela Kuti.

She stated, "I think women have become more independent and now know who they are," in an interview with Saturday Beats. They now understand that being married is not a requirement to "be somebody" (fulfilled or complete). They now understand that they are unique individuals. It's a terrific thing for me. These days, women marry for the right reasons rather than just to be called someone's wife.

Yeni added that she had no advantages growing up because of her father's name. She Because we were Fela's children back then, she claimed, "I did not receive any privileges."

When asked if she had access to them as an adult, she responded, "No, I did not. When I was older than 30, my father felt sorry for me and got my sister and I a television. However, as I was already employed at the time, I could afford to buy a TV for myself.

"My father was not a child spoiled. The best treatment we received as kids back then was a set of chopper bikes, and my mother had to negotiate on our behalf before we got them.

She remarked of the reforms she would like to see in the nation: "I want a leader that truly cares about Nigeria. I like a leader who constantly takes the needs of the people into account rather than one who is self-centered.

Yeni replied, "I don't know. I don't know what influences my style. I simply dress appropriately. I believe I inherited my passion of stylish clothing from my late father.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Name tag

 

Elections in 2023: Christians should avoid the "Siddon appearance," says the Catholic Church

 Elections in 2023: Christians should avoid the "Siddon appearance," says the Catholic Church Adewale Martins, the Catholic Archbishop of the Metropolitan See of Lagos, has urged Christians to actively engage in the general elections of 2023 and to avoid the "siddon look." At the commissioning of a parish project and the administration of the sacrament of confirmation to over 800 candidates at SS Joachim & Anne Catholic Church, Meiran, in Lagos, Mr. Martins offered his counsel. He advised Christians to abandon the "Siddon appearance" and vote in accordance with their consciences. Christians should also pray for peace in Nigeria, Mr. Martins emphasized. "We must never give up because God will provide for His people and bring peace back to our nation. The Catholic leader in Lagos advised praying the rosary as a weapon of battle against wickedness and not giving up since God's truth will endure.  Mr. Martins continued. God is requesting that we d...

Governor Bala Mohmmed Prays For Peace In Nigeria

 Governor Bala Mohmmed of Bauchi State Prays For Peace In Nigeria Bauchi State Governor Bala Muhammed As the nation continues to celebrate this Friday, which coincides with Arfa Day, full of grace and blessings of the Almighty, Governor Bala Muhammad congratulates the people of Bauchi State on the passing of this day. Senator Bala Abdulkadir took the opportunity to call on the Muslim community to pray for peace, economic development and a prosperous rainy season. God has answered our prayers and accepted the prayers of our pilgrims and brought them home safely.